Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) is a Collective Management Organization licensed by the Kenya
Copyright Board to represent performers of sound recordings and audiovisual works. PRISK’s mandate is to
collect and distribute royalties on behalf of its rights holders, who include musicians and actors, in accordance
with Section 30A of the Copyright Act, Cap 130 Laws of Kenya.
Responsibilities for the Marketing & Public Relations Jobs
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing & Public Relations Executive shall have the following
- Assist in the development of internal and external communications,
- Carrying out social media interactions and provide advice and select the best use of media and overall
communications channels required for the successful execution of marketing campaigns.
- To coordinate successful and timely release of newsletters and other internal communications,
- Conduct internal communication courses, workshops and media training
- Ensure a high level of customer service, handle complaints and bring them to the attention of the
relevant departmental head
- Work with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, brochures,
and other materials and ensuring communication strategy is consistent and reflects the company’s
- Develop and execute strategies that are intended to create and uphold a positive public image for
clients by working, forming and managing relationships with various members of the media/ media
outlets, government, and public
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all
- Serve as main information source for all media contacts requesting data, insights and media opinion
- Develop online content strategy and manage content workflow thereby ensuring that the Society’s
websites and social media platforms are updated regularly with the relevant information.
- Managing and overseeing company’s events and representing the company in different issues
involving the company
- Liaise with the media to ensure adequate media coverage for events
- Organize special events such as visits, exhibitions and functions
- To source gift items for the various functions: going out to obtain samples and to check quality andprices, and to liaise with the Accounts department on their procurement
- Organize membership seminars and sensitization workshops in accordance with the overall goals and
objectives set in place to ensure retention & satisfaction of current members and acquisition of new
- Create and develop marketing materials and campaign assets for membership recruitment drives and
- Assist to formulate and manage the Public relations budget and ensuring cost effective practices.
- Developing and executing clients’ public relations programs, Corporate Social responsibility and
- Respond to queries from the public, media and other organizations
Qualifications for the Marketing & PR Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Marketing and/or PR
- Professional Certification e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketers, will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of intellectual property law, mainly copyright and related rights management and the
- Copyright Act of 2001 will be an added advantage
- Experience in graphics design will be desirable.
- Website design and content management skills, especially in WordPress.
1 year contract, renewable subject to performance evaluation.
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your Curriculum Vitae and application letter in PDF format,
quoting your expected salary, via email to email@example.com or drop them physically to our Head Office on the 2nd
Floor of Jumuia Place 1 along Lenana Road in Kilimani, Nairobi.
If you send your application via email the subject should strictly read MARKETING & PR EXECUTIVE.
Applications should be received on or before close of business Friday 27th January 2017. Please note that
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.