Marketing Manager Jobs at KASNEB in Kenya today 2013
Job Title: MANAGER, MARKETING AND PUBLICATIONS – JOB LEVEL 4 (1 POSITION)
KASNEB is established under the Accountants Act, No. 15 of 2008 and the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534, with the mandate to develop syllabuses, conduct professional and technician examinations; certify candidates in finance, accountancy, governance and management, information communication technology and related disciplines; promote its qualifications globally and accredit relevant training institutions.
The vision of KASNEB is to be the preferred world-class professional examinations body in finance, accountancy, management, information technology and related disciplines.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Corporate Affairs, the Manager, Marketing and Publications shall be responsible for the efficient and effective marketing of the qualifications of KASNEB nationally, regionally and internationally.
Duties and responsibilities
• Promoting the recognition of the qualifications of KASNEB within and outside Kenya.
• Developing and implementing the KASNEB marketing plan and budget.
• Developing and implementing KASNEB’s country and county marketing strategies.
• Developing and implementing a corporate brand strategy.
• Carrying out market intelligence, market surveys and developing market needs analysis.
• Carrying out research into education and examination needs of students.
• Publishing and distributing journals, newsletters, relevant study and reading materials.
• Liaising with the Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) and other libraries to establish information and reading centres.
• Producing and distributing the KASNEB annual calendar, the KASNEB Newsline, students’ journal and other promotional materials.
• Managing staff performance in the section.
• Coordinating the collaborative agreements and linkages with other institutions nationally, regionally and internationally.
• Ensuring risk management within the section.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate should possess the following academic and professional qualifications and experience:
• A bachelors degree in marketing, communication, public relations, media studies or related discipline from a recognised university. A masters degree will be an added advantage.
• Hold professional qualifications in marketing from a recognised institution.
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
• Possession of advanced computer skills.
Key personal attributes
The ideal candidate should:
• Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
• Be a team player with a pleasant outgoing personality and ability to lead and motivate staff.
• Possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
• Be proactive, confident, self-driven and able to meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their hand-written applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday, 13 June 2012.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the “REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:-
The Secretary and Chief Executive
Hospital Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 41362-00100
“KASNEB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply”.
Deadline: 13th June 2012