KNCHR Accounts Clerk Job Vacancy in Kenya Feb 2017
KNCHR Accounts Clerk Career Opportunity in Kenya Feb 2017
KNCHR Accounts Clerk Career Vacancy in Kenya Feb 2017
- Company: KNCHR
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created by Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and under the United Nations Paris Principles
KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights state.
KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through a number of programmes, including Research and Compliance, Public Education and Training, Complaints and Investigations, Redress and Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
The Commission’s main office is in Nairobi with five regional offices in Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Laikipia Campus. Officers may serve in the Head Office or in any of the regional offices.
Duration: Permanent and Pensionable
Duty Station: Wajir
Gross Salary: Kshs. 49,193
This position is responsible for the Preparation of books of accounts, carrying out bank reconciliation, monitoring regional budgetary expenditure and making timely payment for services and goods provided to the regional office
Accounts Clerk Job Key Duties
- Monitor store supplies to determine stationery and other material needs, take inventory of office consumption to be able to project future requisition needs and report on these in good time.
- Draft quarterly budgets forecast for regional office and account for expenses using store inventory reports to keep accountable for office procurements and spending in operational tools.
- Maintain and update cashbook on a daily basis to ensure the account does not run into overdraft.
- Perform bank reconciliations of regional bank account and forward the same to the head office on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper tracking of the regional office bank account and report on balances and deficits on a regular basis to account for funds spent through the maintenance of the cash office book, reconciliation of cash at hand and ban records, managing petty cash and imprest.
- Liaise with suppliers of goods and services. Receive invoices, prepare payment vouchers, seek authority before cheque writing to keep track of accountabilities and make timely payments for goods and services utilized for the operations of the regional office.
- Records management for all of the regional office documents to ease retrieval and ensure information security for the protection of client cases and confidentiality.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma in Business Administration or Business Management or an equivalent from a recognized institution.
- 1 year of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
- Part I of Certified Public Accountant (C.P. (K) or Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACC.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Be computer literate.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with teams.
How to Apply
If you possess or meet the above qualifications send your application letter together with a detailed CV, names and telephone contacts of three referees to reach us by7th February, 2017
The Commission Secretary Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor P. O.Box74359 – 00200 Nairobi.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted